The winner has been announced on my new blog, http://toastthegirlalmighty.com! Go check it out!
Happy February y’all! In order to celebrate an extremely amazing January of blogging with over 1,000+ views, I wanted to say THANK YOU! by hosting a giveaway. This giveaway was kind of an idea after my ‘sample’y crazy post — someone left a comment saying they wish they had more samples. So, here you go! I sorted through my crazy sample stash and I’m gifting one of y’all a Birchbox box FULL of samples! These are ones I have duplicates of or that I already have a product in that category I know & love. This box will include…
- Peter Thomas Roth anti-aging cleansing gel sample
- Benefit POREfessional primer sample
- Smashbox Photo Finish foundation primer sample
- TWO Laura Mercier Foundation primer samples
- Makeup Forever HD Primer sample
- Stila One Step makeup sample in medium
- Dr.Jart+ BB cream sample
- THREE Algenist Retinol firming & lifting serum samples
- Lancome Energie de Vie daily cream sample
- Zelens Z Firm lifting face & neck cream sample
- Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus corrector & makeup samples
- Boscia Enlivening Eye Treatment sample
- Lancome Genifique sample
- Sarah McNamara Miracle Skin transformer sample
- Philosophy Eye Believe sample
- Phyto Keratine Reparative Conditioning Treatment for hair sample
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream sample
- L’Occitane en Provence Concentré de Lait sample
- Yu-Be Moisturizing Body Lotion sample
- TWO Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream samples
- Coola Classic Sunscreen for Face SPF 30 sample
- Prada Candy eau de parfum sample
- Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet eau de toilette sample
All of these samples were purchased by me through various retailers. None were provided for this giveaway. None of the samples have been opened or used in any way. Majority are in small packets, as pictured. There are NO full-sized products included.
To enter, click the link below, which will open up a widget with all the ways you can enter! This giveaway will be running all February long, and the winner will be announced March 1st. Write in the comments below if you think this is a good prize to giveaway, and what else you’d like to see as prizes!
My December Birchbox was pretty epic, by my standards, and this months did not quite score as high. But it’s hard to blow me out of the water every single month.. There’s always an ebb and flow with my satisfaction. Here’s what I got..
- Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45+ — can I just say something? I’m a liiiiittle over BB creams. I know they’re the equivalent of sent-from-heaven makeup, but I have received what feels like 589235 samples of BB creams since they hit the shelves. My skin must be a weird color or something, because the samples never quite match me — I need foundation with a wide spectrum of options to find the perfect match. BUT any who — I haven’t tried this yet, since I’m so over BB creams. I’ll give it a go and if I change my mind will totally write a review!
- Essential Elements Wake Up Rosemary Body Lotion — I also feel like I have tons of lotions (but who doesn’t?). This lotion does smell AMAZING! It’s very light, so would be good on not super dry skin. I got the shower gel a few months ago, and feel like if you love that scent, this will be the perfect add on to your routine.
- Innarah Defense Masque Oxygenating Masque — I freaking love getting face masks in my birchbox. I tried this one already. After I washed it off, I felt as if my skin was pretty dried out.. (maybe I left it on too long??) But after slathering on some extra moisturizer my skin was lookin’ gooooood! Unfortunately, the price tag reads on this $125.. So I’ll stick to my Lush face masks, thank ya!
- Manna Kadar Lip Locked in All of Me — I am really digging colorful lips right now, and this is a color I am definitely excited to try! I’ll have to do a post later of all my current lip favs — perhaps this will make the cut!
- Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk — Natural Tint — I was super excited to get this for multiple reasons! Firstly, my friends constantly rave about it. Secondly, I heard about the tinted version when it came out not too long ago and was VERY interested in trying — my current dry shampoo makes me look like a granny! And thirdly, it was featured in the Tone It Up Birchbox that is available to only new subscribers (boooo) so I was unable to get my paws on it. That’s okay, hopefully I can accumulate the samples they featured. I’ll let y’all know if this changes my hair-life .. I haven’t tried it yet, but I can’t wait to! At $19.50 for full-size, I’d purchase in a heartbeat if I love it.
Sign up for Birchbox here!
I can’t be the only one completely overwhelmed by samples — can I? Between Birchbox and free samples with every Sephora purchase (not to mention the makeup bags full of samples they do sometimes .. I sure am a sucker for those), I have a BAJILLION samples of products. I need to start finding a way to integrate them into my skin care routine! Perhaps some OCD organization is in order. Right now, they are all just randomly shuffled together, and just continue to pile up.
As a random resolution (I missed New Years with this one) I’d like to make it a point to organize all my samples and begin incorporating them into my skincare routine on a more regular basis. By doing this, I aspire to be able to write more reviews on products! (I’m still moisturizer searching, don’t worry — all y’all’s help has not gone un-noticed!)
How do you incorporate samples into your skincare routine?? Does your skin ever give you trouble because of them? I wanna hear in the comments below!