This month in my December Birchbox I received the Mirenesse iCurl Secret Weapon 24 hour Mascara. (This name feels too long for a mascara. But that’s neither here nor there.) It took me almost three weeks to get around to trying it simply because I’m currently using my most favorite mascara ever, L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes, and I’m hesitant to stray from something that works so amazingly. Anyway, finally gave it a whirl today…
To be honest, I wasn’t super impressed. True to its name, the mascara was very curling; however, it did not add enough volume or length for my taste. For a little background, I love love love mascaras. I’ve tried a lot. And especially with drug store brands, I’ll switch often. I don’t always love the mascara every one else does — I sometimes think I have weirdo eyelashes or something.
But this mascara just didn’t have the oomph I need, even with three coats. My lashes are naturally long but very fine, so I need something that is very volumizing and less so curling, which is why I don’t think this particular formula was my favorite. And at $29 a tube, I don’t believe I will be purchasing.
What are some of your favorite mascaras? Have you tried this one? What did you think?
I love love love getting my Birchbox every month! This month was a pretty good month, too. Here’s what all I got.. (From top L going clockwise…)
- Davines Replumping Superactive — leave in hair treatment is the large bottle, and then shampoo & conditioner in the packets (my hair is super fine, so I can’t wait to try this trio! I have been searching for the perfect shampoo & conditioner to make a big difference for a long time)
- Real Chemistry Luminous 3-minute Peel — I LOVE peels!
- SeaRX Anti-Wrinkle Facial Lift Treatment serum — I don’t really worry much yet in the wrinkle department, but this time of year I really enjoy using serums because I feel like they give that extra boost of hydration my skin needs when it’s so dry. Definitely awesome!
- Mirenesse iCurl Secret Weapon 24Hr Mascara — I actually just bought new mascara (my fav, L’oreal Millionize), but I love switching it up with my mascara! The one thing about mascaras that I don’t like is when they get super flaky — hopefully this one holds up; it’s supposed to be long-lasting, which will be good with my long work days!
- Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris fragrance — this perfume reminds me a lot of Chance by Chanel.. it’s only sold at Birchbox and is $80, but Chance is $58 at Sephora soo.. You see where I’m going with this.
- And finally, the red card is for $10 off at the Gap! I don’t shop much at the Gap to be honest, but maybe they have a cute cheap scarf or something to use this for? Any suggestions?