So, I’ve qualified for Birchbox Aces for two or three months now. But up until a few weeks ago, apparently, I had my email notifications turned off — I’m an idiot, I know. But one of the perks of being a Birchbox Ace is getting to choose one sample of the month OR selecting one of the Special Edition boxes as your monthly box. So, for this month none of the selected samples really jumped out.. I elected to receive the Rent the Runway Box, which I am SO glad I did! Here’s what I got:
- The Balm Read My Lips – Bam! — full size here — I have been on a lippie kick recently so I’ll take whatever I can get my greedy little paws on.
- Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner in Raina — full size here — I have blue eyes so I LOVE the look of navy eyeliner! I also recently cleaned out my eyeliner bin and noticed my collection is slack-a-lackin’, so this is so perfect.
- derma e Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic scrub — full size here — the only type of skincare product I haven’t bought 825936 different kinds of recently is SCRUBS. Yet again, perfect. Also the worry wrinkles on my forehead have been bumming me out recently. The one thing about this, though — it smells like straight up old lady. Sorry. I’m trying to feel YOUNGER here people!
- Not Soap, Radio Body Wash – the stuff that cupid dips his arrows in — full size here — I have been in such a Valentine’s-y mood recently that this is right up my alley. And it smells like blackberries. It’s already in my shower and I cannot WAIT to use it!
- Fekkai Blowout Hair Refresher Dry Shampoo — full size here — okay, so I got a dry shampoo last month. But hey, this means I can go a little longer without dishing out some moolah on more dry shampoo. Let’s be real, as a medical student who works out daily — dry shampoo is one of my closest friends.
- $30 off a rental for Rent the Runway — I almost peed myself with excitement over this one. Before you judge me, I have had a dress in my RTR cart for a month now just waiting on the date of this year’s spring formal (yes medical school is like high school for grownups) and so THIS IS PERFECT. Times a thousand million.
As you can tell, I was SUPER pleased by this months box.. I have no idea how they can sell that for $10. It’s like stealing. Click here to sign up for Birchbox!
What’d you get in your Birchbox this month??
Don’t forget to check out my Fabulous February GIVEAWAY!
My December Birchbox was pretty epic, by my standards, and this months did not quite score as high. But it’s hard to blow me out of the water every single month.. There’s always an ebb and flow with my satisfaction. Here’s what I got..
- Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45+ — can I just say something? I’m a liiiiittle over BB creams. I know they’re the equivalent of sent-from-heaven makeup, but I have received what feels like 589235 samples of BB creams since they hit the shelves. My skin must be a weird color or something, because the samples never quite match me — I need foundation with a wide spectrum of options to find the perfect match. BUT any who — I haven’t tried this yet, since I’m so over BB creams. I’ll give it a go and if I change my mind will totally write a review!
- Essential Elements Wake Up Rosemary Body Lotion — I also feel like I have tons of lotions (but who doesn’t?). This lotion does smell AMAZING! It’s very light, so would be good on not super dry skin. I got the shower gel a few months ago, and feel like if you love that scent, this will be the perfect add on to your routine.
- Innarah Defense Masque Oxygenating Masque — I freaking love getting face masks in my birchbox. I tried this one already. After I washed it off, I felt as if my skin was pretty dried out.. (maybe I left it on too long??) But after slathering on some extra moisturizer my skin was lookin’ gooooood! Unfortunately, the price tag reads on this $125.. So I’ll stick to my Lush face masks, thank ya!
- Manna Kadar Lip Locked in All of Me — I am really digging colorful lips right now, and this is a color I am definitely excited to try! I’ll have to do a post later of all my current lip favs — perhaps this will make the cut!
- Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk — Natural Tint — I was super excited to get this for multiple reasons! Firstly, my friends constantly rave about it. Secondly, I heard about the tinted version when it came out not too long ago and was VERY interested in trying — my current dry shampoo makes me look like a granny! And thirdly, it was featured in the Tone It Up Birchbox that is available to only new subscribers (boooo) so I was unable to get my paws on it. That’s okay, hopefully I can accumulate the samples they featured. I’ll let y’all know if this changes my hair-life .. I haven’t tried it yet, but I can’t wait to! At $19.50 for full-size, I’d purchase in a heartbeat if I love it.
Sign up for Birchbox here!
I love love love getting my Birchbox every month! This month was a pretty good month, too. Here’s what all I got.. (From top L going clockwise…)
- Davines Replumping Superactive — leave in hair treatment is the large bottle, and then shampoo & conditioner in the packets (my hair is super fine, so I can’t wait to try this trio! I have been searching for the perfect shampoo & conditioner to make a big difference for a long time)
- Real Chemistry Luminous 3-minute Peel — I LOVE peels!
- SeaRX Anti-Wrinkle Facial Lift Treatment serum — I don’t really worry much yet in the wrinkle department, but this time of year I really enjoy using serums because I feel like they give that extra boost of hydration my skin needs when it’s so dry. Definitely awesome!
- Mirenesse iCurl Secret Weapon 24Hr Mascara — I actually just bought new mascara (my fav, L’oreal Millionize), but I love switching it up with my mascara! The one thing about mascaras that I don’t like is when they get super flaky — hopefully this one holds up; it’s supposed to be long-lasting, which will be good with my long work days!
- Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris fragrance — this perfume reminds me a lot of Chance by Chanel.. it’s only sold at Birchbox and is $80, but Chance is $58 at Sephora soo.. You see where I’m going with this.
- And finally, the red card is for $10 off at the Gap! I don’t shop much at the Gap to be honest, but maybe they have a cute cheap scarf or something to use this for? Any suggestions?